Parks & Recreation Comprehensive Plan
Castle Pines is a great place to live and play.
In 2017, the City of Castle Pines adopted its first Parks and Recreation Comprehensive (PaRC) Plan. The purpose of the Plan was to:
- Provide an opportunity for community leaders and agencies to gather input on the community's vision.
- Address community-driven needs and desires for recreational facilities, trails, open spaces, and reaction programs throughout Castle Pines.
- Develop an action plan for potential future projects that identify timelines, potential costs, and responsibilities.
The Plan at a Glance
- The PaRC Plan identifies community priorities identified through extensive public outreach including statistically valid survey results.
- The Plan is intended to be use by anyone who desires to promote the community's health, safety, and welfare.
- The Castle Pines community places high value on scenic beauty and active lifestyes made possible by a connected system of trails, open space, and quality parks.
- The Plan reinforces the vision established by the 2016 Comprehensive Plan to add 30 miles of trails and triple the amount of oopen space, improve pedestrian and bike connectivity from Daniel's Park to Rueter-Hess Reservoir, and provide 300+ acres of community farm land and 100+ acres of new public park land.
- The top community priority in the 2012, 2015, and 2016 surveys is a recreation center.
- The PaRC Plan outlines strategies to accomplish these community priorities.