About the Castle Pines Home Rule Charter
The Charter is a community’s “constitution” and most important guiding document. The City’s Charter outlines the following:
- Structure and organization of government
- Business procedures to be followed by municipal government
- Powers and limitations of municipal officials and agencies
The Charter cannot be easily amended, so great care has gone into drafting it.
Under Home Rule, Castle Pines residents are given greater authority to create laws that meet the needs and expectations of the community.
Home Rule Charter Commission Adopts Draft Charter
Home Rule Charter Summary
Are you interested in a simplified breakdown of each Article in the Charter? This handy spreadsheet is intended to better explain what each section of the Charter really means.
Home Rule Charter Commission Presentation to City Council
The Charter Commission presented the adopted Charter to City Council on Tuesday, Feb. 12. Residents can watch the full presentation online.
City Council Approves Resolution 19-17 Urging a "Yes" Vote May 14
At their April 9 City Council meeting, City Council unanimously voted in favor of Resolution 19-17 urging a "YES" vote.
When filing out your ballot, please remember to:
- Completely fill in the oval with blue or black pen
- Place ballot into the secrecy sleeve, and then place the secrecy sleeve into the return envelope before sealing
- Complete the voter affirmation by filling in your name, address, date and signature on the back of the return envelope
- Either affix a $0.55 stamp and place your ballot in the mail or drop off at the ballot box located on the backside of the Castle Pines Library, 360 Village Square Lane
All ballots must be received by 7pm on May 14 (post marks do not count)
- May 14, 2019 - Election Day
- April 9, 2019 - City Council urges a "YES" vote in favor of the Home Rule Charter election via Resolution 19-17
- Feb. 26, 2019 - City Council refers the draft charter to the voters
|Meeting Date||Meeting Packet/Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|November 26, 2018||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 29, 2018||Packet||Minutes|
|December 3, 2018||Packet||Minutes|
|December 10, 2018||Packet||Minutes|
|December 17, 2018||Minutes|
|January 7, 2019||Packet||Minutes|
|January 14, 2019||Packet||Minutes|
|January 30, 2019||Packet||Minutes|