Snow and Ice Management
Preparing for Winter
The City of Castle Pines Public Works department is responsible for snow and ice control on the public streets within the city limits.
Castle Pines has access to up to 10 trucks based on need. The City maintains 36 miles of road, so as snow accumulates, snow removal crews concentrate on the primary streets first and then move to secondary and tertiary streets.
Primary roads, such as Castle Pines Parkway and Monarch Blvd., and school routes are considered critical to keeping our street network functioning.
- Detailed Snow & Ice Control Plan (pdf)
- 2015-2016 Snow Season Summary (pdf)
- View Live Snow Removal Map
- Neighborhood Snow Removal Map (pdf)
- Property owners are responsible for any sidewalks abutting their property, so please clear snow from your sidewalks within 24 hours of a storm ending.
- Avoid getting plowed in by moving cars out of the street before a snow storm comes. This helps plows clear snow from curb to curb and makes for a safer community.
- If you do park along the curb, please park your car parallel to the curb, as opposed to perpendicular to it. This makes streets and cul de sacs easier to plow.
Snow Removal Responsibility
Areas of the map below that are highlighted in white are the responsibility of the respective HOA's and are areas that the City does not provide snow removal services.
Areas not covered by City's Snow/Ice Removal:
- Turquoise Terrace
- Amber Ridge
- Whisper Canyon
- Coyote Crossing
- Daniel’s Ridge
- Buffalo Ridge
- The Crossings
- Canterbury Park
- Forest Park
- Castle Pointe
Castle Pines uses a product called Ice Slicer to melt the ice, which is also used by many other municipalities along the Front Range. The product is a unique blend of natural chlorides that outperforms liquid anti-icing chemicals and rock salt, and also requires fewer applications. Don’t be alarmed by the “reddish” color of the product on the roads as that helps accelerate ice melt by absorbing 50% more of the sun’s radiant energy than white deicing products.
Public Works Project Manager