Planning for the future, preserving our quality community
There are four functions within Community Development:
- Planning & Zoning
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Maintaining the City's Comprehensive Plan
- Managing development projects in the City
Planning & Zoning
The Planning & Zoning team can help you with issues concerning land use, zoning, and development review.
- Select packets, applications, and fee schedules are now available.
- Get information regarding current development projects.
- View Planning & Zoning FAQs.
- Find out more about the Planning/Zoning Commission.
- Access Planning & Zoning maps.
Please note that Castle Pines follows the regulations and guidelines established in Douglas County's Zoning and Subdivision resolutions.
Building Permits & Inspections
The Building Permits & Inspections team assists with plan reviews, building permits, and site inspections for new construction, plumbing & mechanical work, and site improvements.
- Building guides, checklists, and fee schedules are now online.
- View Building Permits & Inspections FAQs.
- Code enforcement
- Electrical License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines
Community Development Director